For Sonography of Pelvis
- Patient should consume 5-6 large glasses of water 1 hour prior to examination. Urine collects in the bladder over this time. Excessive water should not be consumed as it may lead to vomiting and does not serve the purpose.
- Full bladder permits better evaluation of the urinary bladder itself, the prostate gland and seminal vesicles in males and the uterus, ovaries and adnexa in females.
- Gall Bladder study requires 6 hrs fasting. During the fasting period patient may consume water & fruit juice
All other examinations do not require any specific preparation.
For Upper Abdomen Sonography
- 6 hrs fasting required
- Can drink water & fruit juice
Why Choose Us
- Full bladder is required upto 10 – 12 weeks of pregnancy only if abdominal ultrasound is being done. At krishna diagnostics, Main Market, opposite Raj Bhawan, Block C, Sukhrali, Sector 17, all patients for early pregnancy upto 10 wks are studied by transvaginal sonography so there is no need for a full bladder.
- There are no clothing restrictions. However It is advisable to wear something loose and comfortable.
- It is advisable to come 10-15 minutes prior to the appointment to ensure smooth and relaxed procedure.
For KUB Sonography
- No fasting required
- Drink water as advised for pelvic ultrasound
- Have full-bladder
For Whole Abdomen Sonography
- 5-6 large glasses of water. Urine collects in the bladder takes 1 hour to collect.
- Overnight fasting or 6 hrs fasting required: water & fruit juice may be taken.
Plot no. 384, Main Market, opposite Raj Bhawan, Block C, Sukhrali, Sector 17, Gurugram, Haryana 122001